frequently asked questions
- How do I get to Spirit House?
The closest airport to Devil’s Point is New Bight Airport (TBI). You can fly with SkyBahamas via Nassau. From there you can arrange for a rental car to drive to Spirit House.
- How can I arrange for a car rental?
The best person to contact would be Gilbert's Car Rental at (242) 342 - 3011.
- Are there grocery stores nearby?
Yes, the grocery stores on the island can provide you with basic necessities. However, if you have any special dietary needs (i.e. gluten free pasta) we recommend that you bring your own provisions.
- Are there laundry facilities at the house?
Yes, we do have a washing machine and clothes are dried on the line in true island style.
- Am I able to make international phone calls from the house?
While you will be able to make local phone calls, it is recommended that you arrange with your telephone provider to access your service abroad. You can also always use Skype should you need to make a long-distance call.
- Who is responsible for cleaning the house during our stay?
The house is thoroughly cleaned before and after each guest to the house. However, should you wish to have a cleaning service during your stay, that can be arranged for an additional fee.
- I’d like to go scuba diving/fishing/sailing. Is that possible?
Most activities can be arranged with locals on the island. We can assist you in facilitating your desires.
- What provisions are there for emergencies?
We do have a first-aid kit on property to accommodate minor injuries and there are also basic health care facilities in the neigbouring settlement.
- Where is the bottle opener?
Likely, wherever you left it last.
Spirit House is a special place for special people. Please note that while the spirits are friendly around here, Spirit House has a zero-tolerance policy for assholes.